Sunday 12 May 2013

How to take my breath away

Is it silly that, of a night time before I go to bed I gently tip toe into each of my sons rooms to check on them? To make sure that they are warm and cosy, comfortable and safe. Is it silly that I can spend minutes just looking at their sweet faces, lost in dream, so peaceful and knowing no worries that it honestly takes my breath away. Every night.

I guess its the little things. Like my baby sons gurgling laugh and clumsy smile. The way he curls in to me to feel safe and absorb my love. The way he looks at me with his blue eyes, like he knows all my secrets. Its the 'love you mum, see you in the morning' from my toddler. Its the hugs that almost knock you off your feet. Its the way he asks me to cuddle in the mornings, while we both wake up. These little things , take my breath away. Every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment