Thursday 24 May 2012

Firsts

Firsts are so special...so memorable, so much emotion and sentiment to go with the event. As mothers, we record these firsts, jotting them in baby books, remembering forever.

That first breath of air, the anticipation to hear that unique new scream.

That scream that I'd waited so long to hear, happened at 10.23am on 25th January and changed my life forever. And at the moment, after only seeing my baby for a second, I knew I would die for that baby screaming and I would show that baby more love than it could ever know. All before the midwife announced 'it's a boy'!

That first tooth...the sleepless nights, the swollen gums, the drool.

The excitement, because I could now buy my boy a toothbrush!!

That first word...dad...

How proud must this little boys daddy be!

That first haircut

My little baby, sitting proud on the chair by himself at the hairdresser, laughing at the image looking back in the mirror, not at all afraid. The end result.... mummy's baby had grown up!

That first wobbly step

A step taken between mummy and daddy while playing outside. So much celebration and encouragement to do it again! One week he was taking those precious wobbly steps, the next week he was confidently running!

That first pair of gumboots....blue with green dinosaurs.




No comments:

Post a Comment