Friday 4 May 2012

My Something


When we were kids... we were asked all the time ‘what do you want to be’... ‘Who do you want to be’ For me, that ‘to be’ has never been clear, I have asked myself over and over again ‘what is the something you want to be’.....and the answer has always evaded me... until now.

My blog. MY blog..... Becoming a mum has taught me that not a lot is mine and only mine nowadays; I can’t even take a minute of time (literally 1 minute) to wee without World War 3 happening outside the toilet door! My food is my son’s food. My son’s restless nights are my restless nights, but to compensate, my sons love, is my world.

 I hope that as you read my words, straight from my heart, you will laugh, cry, cringe but mostly, rejoice at the fact that being a mum is just the most beautiful moment of time.

Firstly, about me. I’m mummy to a beautiful, boisterous, energetic boy named Charlie. Since C was born, I have learnt so much, felt so many emotions, fallen completely in love again and promised myself and my son, that if anything, the something I want to be is the best mother, the best person, I can be.

I have learnt....to love my eye colour, my beautiful son’s eyes are the same colour.
I have learnt.... that mess is all right, for every mess made, something new is learnt.
I have learnt....That poo and vomit aren’t as scary as once thought.
I have learnt....To trust and have faith in myself and my body, the body that grew a little being, birthed that little being and instinctively knows the best ways to protect that little being.

So when C is napping and I am writing my blog.... I hope to take you on my journey through motherhood, the joys and struggles, the tears the laughter, the self discoveries, the learnings, the something I want to be.

Two people, so much joy in their hearts....


No comments:

Post a Comment